Thursday, August 9, 2012

Singapore National Day

Today was National Day in Singapore. It's pretty much our equivalent to 4th of July. There were thousands of people gathered around the Marina Bay to watch the fireworks and show that was absolutely amazing. The Singapore Navy rode by in boats, the Air Force flew jets and helicopters carrying the Singapore flag as well. I went with a large group of people, about 300 of us met at a train station and walked over to where the fireworks were. So far, my time in Singapore has been amazing. I've already met a ton of new people (mostly exchange students) and I have a few really good friends already.

Classes start next week so everyone is doing as much as they can now and enjoy our last few days of freedom before the competitiveness of the Singapore academic world starts. On another note, I've had the chance to try the cuisine in Singapore and not only is it cheap, but its amazing. There are many little restaurants to go to, and where I find the best are the places in little India and China town because they have authentic food for a quarter of the price of a restaurant and its just as good.

Later on this week, we will be going to the beach that is pretty famous here, and I will start putting pictures in my blogs now that I have a camera that works properly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home